We are happy to announce that cPanel, L.L.C. has released an update for EasyApache 4! Take a look at some highlights below, and then join us on the cPanel Community Forums, Discord, or Reddit to talk about this update and much more. If you have additional questions, feel free to reach out on one of our social channels.
- EA-11116: Update ea-passenger-src from v6.0.15 to v6.0.16
- EA-11116: ea-passenger-src was updated from v6.0.15 to v6.0.16
- EA-11117: Update ea-ruby27-passenger from v6.0.15 to v6.0.16
- EA-11106: Update ea-redis62 from v6.2.7 to v6.2.8
- EA-11118: Update libcurl from v7.86.0 to v7.87.0
- CVE-2022-43552: HTTP Proxy deny use-after-free
- CVE-2022-43551: Another HSTS bypass via IDN
- EA-11120: Update scl-ioncube12 from v12.0.4 to v12.0.5
- EA-11087: Guard against bad userdata where a domain is considered an addon domain and subdomain
This release includes a security patch that has been issued a fix for a CVE (Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures), the details of which are included below.
cPanel, L.L.C. has updated packages for EasyApache 4 with libcurl version 7.87.0. This release addresses vulnerabilities related to CVE-2022-43551 and CVE-2022-43552. We strongly encourage all libcurl users to update to version 7.87.0.
All versions of libcurl through 7.86.0.
The National Vulnerability Database (NIST) has given the following severity ratings to these CVEs:
CVE-2022-43551 – MEDIUM
Fixed vulnerability related to CVE-2022-43551.
CVE-2022-43552 – MEDIUM
Fixed vulnerability related to CVE-2022-43552.
cPanel, L.L.C. has released updated packages for EasyApache 4 on January 4, 2023, with libcurl version 7.87.0. Unless you have enabled automatic package updates in your cron, update your system with either your package manager or WHM’s Run System Update interface.