cPanel, L.L.C. has released a security update for EasyApache 4! Take a look at some highlights below, and then join us on the cPanel Community Forums, Discord, or Reddit to talk about this update and much more. If you have additional questions, feel free to reach out on one of our social channels.
- ZC-10931: Updated for ea-libc-client
- ZC-10474: Add ea-nginx-echo to `additional_packages`
- ZC-10933: Correct brotli dependency
- EA-11448: Update libcurl from v8.1.1 to v8.1.2
- EA-11432: Update libcurl from v8.0.1 to v8.1.1
- CVE-2023-28322: more POST-after-PUT confusion
- CVE-2023-28321: IDN wildcard match
- CVE-2023-28320: siglongjmp race condition
- CVE-2023-28319: UAF in SSH sha256 fingerprint check
- ZC-10931: Link with libc-client statically
- EA-11442: Update ea-nginx from v1.24.0 to v1.25.0
- EA-11449: Update ea-openssl11 from v1.1.1t to v1.1.1u
- CVE-2023-2650: Possible DoS translating ASN.1 object identifiers
cPanel, L.L.C. has updated packages for EasyApache 4 with libcurl version 8.1.2 and OpenSSL 1.1.1u. This release addresses vulnerabilities related to CVE-2023-28319, CVE-2023-28320, CVE-2023-28321, CVE-2023-28322, and CVE-2023-2650. We strongly encourage all libcurl users to upgrade to version 8.1.2 and all OpenSSL users to upgrade to version 1.1.1u.
All versions of libcurl through 8.0.1.
All versions of OpenSSL through 1.1.1t.
The National Vulnerability Database (NIST) has given the following severity ratings to these CVEs:
CVE-2023-28319 – MEDIUM
Fixed vulnerability related to CVE-2023-29469.
CVE-2023-28320 – MEDIUM
Fixed vulnerability related to CVE-2023-28320.
CVE-2023-28321 – MEDIUM
Fixed vulnerability related to CVE-2023-28321.
CVE-2023-28322 – MEDIUM
Fixed vulnerability related to CVE-2023-28322.
CVE-2023-2650 – MEDIUM
Fixed vulnerability related to CVE-2023-2650.
cPanel, L.L.C. has released updated packages for EasyApache 4 on May 31, 2023, with libcurl version 8.1.2 and OpenSSL version 1.1.1u. Unless you have enabled automatic package updates in your cron, update your system with either your package manager or WHM’s Run System Update interface.
Information about all releases this year can be found in the 2023 EasyApache 4 Changelog and the EasyApache 4 Release Notes. You can also sign up for our EasyApache Development and EasyApache Production mailing lists to see when updates are pushed for our RPMs, letting you know ahead of time what will be updated in each EasyApache release.