cPanel, L.L.C. has released a security update for EasyApache 4! Take a look at some highlights below, and then join us on the cPanel Community Forums, Discord, or Reddit to talk about this update and much more. If you have additional questions, feel free to reach out on one of our social channels.
- EA-11729: Rebuild mod_http2 against updated ea-nghttp2 for CVE-2023-44487
- EA-11731: Update libcurl from v8.3.0 to v8.4.0
- CVE-2023-38545 – SOCKS5 heap buffer overflow
- CVE-2023-38546 – cookie injection with none file
- EA-11593: Update dead faster start up link
- EA-11728: Update ea-tomcat85 from v8.5.93 to v8.5.94
- Request smuggling CVE-2023-45648
- Denial of Service CVE-2023-44487
- Information Disclosure CVE-2023-42795
- Denial of Service CVE-2023-42794
- EA-11729: Update ea-nghttp2 from v1.56.0 to v1.57.0
- CVE-2023-44487 – The HTTP/2 protocol allows a denial of service (server resource consumption)
cPanel, L.L.C. has updated packages for EasyApache 4 with libcurl version 8.4.0, ea-tomcat version 8.5.94, and ea-nghttp2 version 1.57.0. This release addresses vulnerabilities related to CVE-2023-38545, CVE-2023-38546, CVE-2023-45648, CVE-2023-44487, CVE-2023-42795, CVE-2023-42794, and CVE-2023-44487. We strongly encourage all libcurl users to upgrade to version 8.4.0, all ea-tomcat85 users to upgrade to version 8.5.94, and all ea-nghttp2 users to update to version 1.57.0.
All versions of libcurl from 7.9.1 (CVE-2023-38546) and 7.69.0 (CVE-2023-38545) through 8.3.0.
All versions of ea-tomcat from 8.5.0 through 8.5.93.
All versions of ea-nghttp2 through 1.56.0.
The National Vulnerability Database (NIST) has given the following severity ratings to these CVEs:
NIST has not yet rated these vulnerabilities. The vendor ratings are listed below:
CVE-2023-38546 – Low
CVE-2023-38545 – High
CVE-2023-45648 – Important
CVE-2023-44487 – Important
CVE-2023-42795 – Important
CVE-2023-42794 – Low
CVE-2023-44487 – N/A
cPanel, L.L.C. has released updated packages for EasyApache 4 on October 12, 2023, with libcurl version 8.4.0, ea-tomcat85 version 8.5.94, and ea-nghttps2 version 1.57.0. Unless you have enabled automatic package updates in your cron, update your system with either your package manager or WHM’s Run System Update interface.
Information about all releases this year can be found in the 2023 EasyApache 4 Changelog and the EasyApache 4 Release Notes. You can also sign up for our EasyApache Development and EasyApache Production mailing lists to see when updates are pushed for our RPMs, letting you know ahead of time what will be updated in each EasyApache release.