cPanel, L.L.C. has released a security update for EasyApache 4! Take a look at some highlights below, and then join us on the cPanel Community Forums, Discord, or Reddit to talk about this update and much more. If you have additional questions, feel free to reach out on one of our social channels.
- EA-11758: Update ea-apache2 from v2.4.57 to v2.4.58
- CVE-2023-31122: mod_macro buffer over-read
- CVE-2023-43622: Apache HTTP Server: DoS in HTTP/2 with initial windows size 0
- CVE-2023-45802: Apache HTTP Server: HTTP/2 stream memory not reclaimed right away on RST
- EA-11759,EA-11760: Update ea-freetds from v1.4.3 to v1.4.5
- EA-11761: Update ea-nginx-njs from v0.8.1 to v0.8.2
cPanel, L.L.C. has updated packages for EasyApache 4 with Apache version 2.4.58. This release addresses vulnerabilities related to CVE-2023-31122, CVE-2023-43622, and CVE-2023-45802. We strongly encourage all Apache users to upgrade to version 2.4.58.
All versions of Apache through 2.4.57.
The National Vulnerability Database (NIST) has given the following severity ratings to these CVEs:
CVE-2023-31122 – MEDIUM
Fixed vulnerability related to CVE-2023-31122.
CVE-2023-43622 – MEDIUM
Fixed vulnerability related to CVE-2023-43622.
CVE-2023-45802 – MEDIUM
Fixed vulnerability related to CVE-2023-45802.
cPanel, L.L.C. has released updated packages for EasyApache 4 on October 25, 2023, with Apache version 2.4.58 Unless you have enabled automatic package updates in your cron, update your system with either your package manager or WHM’s Run System Update interface.
Information about all releases this year can be found in the 2023 EasyApache 4 Changelog and the EasyApache 4 Release Notes. You can also sign up for our EasyApache Development and EasyApache Production mailing lists to see when updates are pushed for our RPMs, letting you know ahead of time what will be updated in each EasyApache release.