cPanel, L.L.C. has released a security update for EasyApache 4! Take a look at some highlights below, and then join us on the cPanel Community Forums, Discord, or Reddit to talk about this update and much more. If you have additional questions, feel free to reach out on one of our social channels.
- EA-11353: Update ea-modsec30 from v3.0.8 to v3.0.9
- ZC-10899: Add ea-nginx-echo to `additional_packages`
- EA-11352: Update ea-libxml2 from v2.10.3 to v2.10.4
- [CVE-2023-29469] Hashing of empty dict strings isn’t deterministic
- [CVE-2023-28484] Fix null deref in xmlSchemaFixupComplexType
- EA-11350-ea-nginx: ea4-tool-post-update update include-binaries to new tarball
- EA-11350: Update ea-nginx from v1.23.4 to v1.24.0
- EA-11356: Update ea-php81 from v8.1.17 to v8.1.18
- EA-11355: Update ea-php82 from v8.2.4 to v8.2.5
- EA-11351: Update ea-nginx-njs from v0.7.11 to v0.7.12
- ZC-10483: Create ea-nginx-echo module
cPanel, L.L.C. has updated packages for EasyApache 4 with libxml2 version 2.10.4. This release addresses vulnerabilities related to CVE-2023-29469 and 2023-28484. We strongly encourage all libxml2 users to upgrade to version 2.10.4.
All versions of libxml2 through 2.10.3.
The National Vulnerability Database (NIST) has given the following severity ratings to these CVEs:
CVE-2023-29469 – MEDIUM
Fixed vulnerability related to CVE-2023-29469.
CVE-2023-28484 – MEDIUM
Fixed vulnerability related to CVE-2023-28484.
cPanel, L.L.C. has released updated packages for EasyApache 4 on April 19, 2023, with libxml2 version 2.10.4. Unless you have enabled automatic package updates in your cron, update your system with either your package manager or WHM’s Run System Update interface.
Information about all releases this year can be found in the 2023 EasyApache 4 Changelog and the EasyApache 4 Release Notes. You can also sign up for our EasyApache Development and EasyApache Production mailing lists to see when updates are pushed for our RPMs, letting you know ahead of time what will be updated in each EasyApache release.