cPanel, L.L.C. has released a security update for EasyApache 4! Take a look at some highlights below, and then join us on the cPanel Community Forums, Discord, or Reddit to talk about this update and much more. If you have additional questions, feel free to reach out on one of our social channels.
- EA-11270: Update ea-tomcat85 from v8.5.85 to v8.5.86
- EA-11201: Update PEAR and its dependencies
- Update PEAR from 1.10.12 to 1.10.13
- Update Archive_Tar from 1.4.9 to 1.4.14
- Filename manipulation vulnerabilities (CVE-2020-28948 / CVE-2020-28949)
- Symlink out-of-path write vulnerability (CVE-2020-36193)
- Properly fix symbolic link path traversal (CVE-2021-32610)
cPanel, L.L.C. has updated packages for EasyApache 4 with PEAR version 1.10.13. This release addresses vulnerabilities related to CVE-2020-28948, CVE-2020-28949, CVE-2020-36193, and CVE-2021-32610. We strongly encourage all PEAR users to upgrade to version 1.10.13.
All versions of PEAR through 1.10.12.
The National Vulnerability Database (NIST) has given the following severity ratings to these CVEs:
CVE-2020-28948 – HIGH
Fixed vulnerability related to CVE-2020-28948.
CVE-2020-28949 – HIGH
Fixed vulnerability related to CVE-2020-28949.
CVE-2020-36193 – HIGH
Fixed vulnerability related to CVE-2020-36193.
CVE-2021-32610 – HIGH
Fixed vulnerability related to CVE-2021-32610.
cPanel, L.L.C. has released updated packages for EasyApache 4 on March 1, 2023, with PEAR version 1.10.13. Unless you have enabled automatic package updates in your cron, update your system with either your package manager or WHM’s Run System Update interface.