cPanel, L.L.C. has released a security update for EasyApache 4! Take a look at some highlights below, and then join us on the cPanel Community Forums, Discord, or Reddit to talk about this update and much more. If you have additional questions, feel free to reach out on one of our social channels.
- EA-11269: Reduce frequency of nginx restarts during cpanellogd’s domain log processing when piped logging is enabled
- EA-11271: Let `ea_current_to_profile` ignore OpenSSL devel packages under `–target-os`
- EA-11283: Update ea-tomcat85 from v8.5.86 to v8.5.87
- EA-11284: Update ea-apache2 from v2.4.55 to v2.4.56
- CVE-2023-27522: Apache HTTP Server: mod_proxy_uwsgi HTTP response splitting
- CVE-2023-25690: HTTP request splitting with mod_rewrite and mod_proxy
cPanel, L.L.C. has updated packages for EasyApache 4 with Apache version 2.4.56. This release addresses vulnerabilities related to CVE-2023-27522 and CVE-2023-25690. We strongly encourage all Apache users to upgrade to version 2.4.56.
All versions of Apache through 2.4.55.
The National Vulnerability Database (NIST) has given the following severity ratings to these CVEs:
CVE-2023-27522 – MEDIUM
Fixed vulnerability related to CVE-2023-27522.
CVE-2023-25690 – MEDIUM
Fixed vulnerability related to CVE-2023-25690.
cPanel, L.L.C. has released updated packages for EasyApache 4 on March 8, 2023, with Apache version 2.4.56. Unless you have enabled automatic package updates in your cron, update your system with either your package manager or WHM’s Run System Update interface.