cPanel, L.L.C. has released a security update for EasyApache 4! Take a look at some highlights below, and then join us on the cPanel Community Forums, Discord, or Reddit to talk about this update and much more. If you have additional questions, feel free to reach out on one of our social channels.
- EA-11157: Update ea-apache2 from v2.4.54 to v2.4.55
- EA-11167: Patch to fix sporadic 500 errors with 2.4.55
- – CVE-2022-37436: Apache HTTP Server: mod_proxy prior to 2.4.55 allows a backend to trigger HTTP response splitting
- – CVE-2022-36760: Apache HTTP Server: mod_proxy_ajp Possible request smuggling
- – CVE-2006-20001: Apache HTTP Server: mod_dav out of bounds read, or write of zero byte
cPanel, L.L.C. has updated packages for EasyApache 4 with Apache version 2.4.55. This release addresses vulnerabilities related to CVE-2022-37436, CVE-2022-36760, and CVE-2006-20001. We strongly encourage all Apache users to upgrade to version 2.4.55.
All versions of Apache through 2.4.54.
The National Vulnerability Database (NIST) has given the following severity ratings to these CVEs:
CVE-2022-37436 – MEDIUM
Fixed vulnerability related to CVE-2022-37436.
CVE-2022-36760 – MEDIUM
Fixed vulnerability related to CVE-2022-36760.
CVE-2006-20001 – MEDIUM
Fixed vulnerability related to CVE-2006-20001.
cPanel, L.L.C. has released updated packages for EasyApache 4 on January 19, 2023, with Apache version 2.4.55. Unless you have enabled automatic package updates in your cron, update your system with either your package manager or WHM’s Run System Update interface.